Wednesday 13 March 2013

Recommendations of February

Oops, I haven't been reviewing for so long! I apologise for leaving so many of you hanging there but life is just hectic at the moment. I have so many papers due in and I haven't been able to read much this year. But, I will definitely catch up on all of my to-review books and type something in the upcoming few days. Anyway, what do I recommend from books I've read in February?

So, the first book I recommend is:


Splintered (Splintered #1) by A. G. Howard


Reason I liked it:
This book is filled with vivid imagination and attention drawing action. I love Howard's wonderland and how she manages to use Alice In Wonderland as a spin off point. The attention to detail is stunning and the characters are lovable. I'm so happy to hear that there will be a sequel! My review is to come soon, but this is definitely not a book you want to miss out on.

The book I recommend is:


Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers


Reason I liked it:
I've read this book quite a while ago, and then recently I re-read it again. This is a book that I can read over and over again without getting bored. The assassin aspect of it is well thought out and full of twists and turns (those of you who have read my reviews before will know that I love assassin stories :P). The emotions behind the words can be felt deeply by the reader. As a reader, I was also able to connect to the characters and relate to them. Strongly recommended if you like assassin stories too!

6 comments:

  1. Splintered was one of my all time favorite books I read last year! And it's such a gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! That cover is AMAZING!!! :) It sure is one of my favourite books too. Thanks for stopping by Brooke!

      Delete
  2. YES to both of them! Splintered was great despite my hate for Jeb. And I adore Grave Mercy <3

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I totally agree. I liked Morpheus better than Jeb too! Grave Mercy is the best :) You have good book taste Mel! :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVED Grave Mercy. Gorgeous book. I've read it twice and just started reading it a third time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grave Mercy is a book I can read over and over and over again! I must have read it at least 6 times now ;D I actually won it in an giveaway. So glad I chose it :) Thanks for the comment love Dena!

      Delete