Tuesday 30 April 2013

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)


Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare


Rating: 5 stars

Clockwork Princess, what can I say? This is an absolutely stunning, heartbreaking yet soul-warming conclusion to the amazingly written The Infernal Devices trilogy. This book is one of the few truly breath-taking Young Adult novels and this series is definitely one I will recommend to all YA lovers. It's a story I will remember long after I have turned the last page of Clockwork Princess.

In this book, Cassandra Clare weaves a tight and impeccably seamless story of love, hate, fear, danger and loss. The emotions of the characters are raw and full of feeling that I, as the reader, can't help but feel what the characters do, feel the hurt, the pain, the joy and the sadness as they experience it themselves. Ah what an emotional journey it is! At times I feel like my heart is going to jump out of chest of potential danger and fright. Other times the scene is so sweet it warms me. The way Cassandra Clare writes creates an unbreakable connection between the reader and the main characters and puts me in their place like I am in the story myself. As always, there is nothing I can be picky about Cassie's writing style.

The relationships between characters bloom in this epic finale. The strong love between Tessa, Will and Jem is tested various times and it shows the reader how much selfless love can endure. It also shows the pain of a divided heart and heavy decisions that need to be made in order to purchase happiness for others one loves. I admire Will and Jem especially in this book. Both of them are more considerate about each other then themselves and each of them wanted undeterred happiness for the other. This kind of friendship without a tint of jealousy is one that will endure any destruction or spite and will prolong and preserve. Their love for Tessa is also something that I find very moving. They would risk it all for her. Team Will or Team Jem? That is the question. Even though I made up my mind about liking one of them more, I can't help but fall in love with both of them and wishing a happy ending for both of them. Either of them would make a great match for Tessa. Other relationships and friendships also developed into something great in this book, such as the Lightwoods and the shadow hunters in the Institute. Oh and I loved Magnus!!! He is one of the best characters ever, seriously.

Lastly, the plot of the story is fast moving and striking. I re-read this book three times immediately after finishing, that's how good it is. Overall, this is a stunning book that should not be missed and I'm very happy with the way Cassie ended this trilogy.

Synopsis

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy. 

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! The Infernal Devices are my favorite series. I love Tessa, Will, and Jem and I love how this book ended. <3

    ReplyDelete