Tuesday 30 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#1)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week, I'll make a list about the top ten YA books I think YA lovers should not miss out on.

Top Ten YA books YA lovers should not miss


1. Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare


Not just Clockwork Princess, but this whole series! Book one: Clockwork Angel, Book two: Clockwork Prince. Stunning YA series. I've only just freshly wrote a review on Clockwork Princess. Want to know why you should read it? Find my reviews on all three books at my review index :)


2. Graceling (The Seven Realms #1) By Kristin Cashore


Assassins, people with gifts and mismatching eyes, olden day/Renaissance kind of period. Fantasy and adventure. Sounds like your thing? This is one of the best olden-day style adventure fantasies ever! Read it now! 


3. Heist Society (Heist Society #1) By Ally Carter


Thieves, family business and a life of "good" teenage crime-makers. Intriguing read! I learnt so much about art, places in the world and of course, thievery from this book. 


4. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa

I'm cheating a little here, I don't just recommend The Iron King (book 1 of The Iron Fey series), but the whole series. I mean, truth be told, if you liked the first book, you're not going to stop there are you? One of the only Fey stories I enjoyed (and one that I absolutely LOVED). There are lots of humour, bravery, love and friendship. And lots of conflict and wit-matching. The four books in order are: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight


5. Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers


You've probably already started to see a trend: I love well-written assassin stories. This book is very rich with historical content as well as action. I've just finished the second book Dark Triumph and loved that almost just as much as Grave Mercy. Review will be coming shortly. 


6. The Tiger's Curse Saga by Colleen Houck


This is my favourite YA series of all time. The culture, action and language is just uncompetable. My favourite is actually the last book: Tiger's Destiny. YA fantasy at its best.


7. Poison Study (Study #1) by Maria V. Snyder


I loved the characters and the creativity of this series. Some of my favourite YA characters are from here. Actually, any Maria V. Snyder book is good, you can't go wrong with her books.


8. Partials (Partials #1) by Dan Wells


YA Sci-fi at its best. Full of knowlege and technical stuff and the huge revolving question about what it means to be human. Poses great questions and make you think.


9. Stormdancer (The Lotus War #1) By Jay Kristoff


Steampunk at its best. Rich culture and beautiful writing. Highly highly recommend it.


10. Divergent (Divergent #1) By Veronica Roth


Action packed and intense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment